Ear Surgery Procedure
2. WHAT IS EAR SURGERY? If protruding or disfigured ears bother you or your child, you may consider plastic surgery. Ear surgery – also known as 2/17
4. surgery are: Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing Non-smokers Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals for ear surgery CONSULTATION & PREPARING FOR 4/17
10. RISKS & SAFETY The decision to have ear surgery is extremely personal. You will have to decide if the benefits will help you achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications are acceptable. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and its risks. The risks include: Anesthesia risks Bleeding Infection Poor wound healing 10/17
13. possible to achieve optimal results with a single surgical procedure and another surgery may be necessary. Following your physician’s instructions is essential to the success of your surgery. It’s important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, swelling, abrasion or motion during the time of healing. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself. It’s very important to follow your plastic surgeon’s instructions and attend follow- up visits as scheduled. 13/17
9. Step 3 – Closing the incisions External stitches close the incision. Techniques are individualized and care is taken to avoid distorting other structures and to avoid an unnatural “pinned back” appearance. Step 4 – See the results Once the dressings are removed, ear surgery offers near immediate results in cases of protruding ears. With the ear permanently positioned closer to the head, surgical scars are either hidden behind the ear or well-hidden in the natural creases of the ear. 9/17
17. or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This brochure is intended strictly for educational purposes. It is not intended to make any representations or warranties about the outcome of any procedure. It is not a substitute for a thorough, in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Taleb Bensouda, MD 53 Boulevard Abdelkrim EL Khattabi Casablanca Morocco Phone: +011 (212) 522940864 © 2020 AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PLASTIC SURGEONS.All Rights Reserved. 17/17
7. Step 1 – Anesthesia Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include local anesthesia combined with intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you. Step 2 – The incision Correction of protruding ears uses surgical techniques to create or improve the antihelical fold (just inside the rim of the ear) and to reduce enlarged conchal cartilage (the largest and deepest concavity of the external ear). Incisions for otoplasty are generally made on the back surface of the ear. When incisions are necessary on the front of the ear, they are made within its folds to hide them. Internal, non- removable sutures are used to create and secure the newly shaped cartilage in place. 7/17
1. Ear Surgery Procedure Taleb Bensouda, MD 53 Boulevard Abdelkrim EL Khattabi Casablanca Morocco Phone: +011 (212) 522940864 EAR SURGERY What Is Ear Surgery? Consultation & Preparing for Surgery The Procedure Risks & Safety Recovery After Surgery / Results Cost 1/17
5. SURGERY During your consultation, be prepared to discuss: Your surgical goals Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use Previous surgeries Your surgeon will also: Evaluate your general health status and any pre- existing health conditions or risk factors Take photographs Discuss your ear surgery options Recommend a course of treatment Discuss likely outcomes of your ear surgery and any risks or potential complications Prior to surgery, you may be asked to: Get lab testing or a medical evaluation 5/17
6. Take certain medications or adjust your current medications Stop smoking Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding Your plastic surgeon will also discuss where your procedure will be performed. Depending on the type of surgery, your procedure may be performed in your plastic surgeon’s accredited office-based surgical facility, a licensed ambulatory surgical center or hospital. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It’s very important to understand all aspects of your ear surgery. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon. THE PROCEDURE 6/17
3. otoplasty – can improve the shape, position or proportion of the ear. It can correct a defect in the ear structure that is present at birth as well as misshapen ears caused by injury. Ear surgery creates a natural shape by bringing balance and proportion to the ears and face. Correction of even minor deformities can have profound benefits to appearance and self-esteem. Ear surgery can treat: Overly large ears – a rare condition called macrotia Protruding ears occurringin varying degrees on one or both sides Children who are good candidates for ear surgery are: Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or untreated chronic ear infections Generally 5 years old or have ear cartilage that is stable enough for correction Cooperative and follow instructions well Able to communicate their feelings and do not voice objections when surgery is discussed Teenagers and adults who are good candidates for ear 3/17
12. do so may result in loss of some of the correction and may require a secondary surgery. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon specific questions about what you can expect during your individual recovery period: Where will I be taken after my surgery is complete? What medication will I be given or prescribed after surgery? Will I have dressings/bandages after surgery? When will they be removed? Are stitches removed? When? When can I resume normal activity and exercise? When do I return for follow-up care? RESULTS The results of your ear surgery are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade. Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery. The final results of your surgery will appear over the next few months. Although good results are expected from your procedure, there is no guarantee. In some situations, it may not be 12/17
16. Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada® Complete at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training Pass comprehensive oral and written exams Graduate from an accredited medical school Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety each year Perform surgery in accredited, state-licensed or Medicare-certified surgical facilities Do not be confused by other official sounding boards and certifications. The ABPS is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has approved medical specialty boards since 1934. There is no ABMS-recognized certifying board with “cosmetic surgery” in its name. By choosing a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, you can be assured that you are choosing a qualified, highly trained plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the ABPS 16/17
11. Change in skin sensation Asymmetry Persistent pain Unfavorable scarring Possibility of revisional surgery Allergies to tape, suture materials, glues, blood products, topical preparations or injected agents These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It’s important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon. RECOVERY AFTER SURGERY Dressings will be used to support the new shape of the ear during initialhealing phases. Once these are removed, the results of your ear surgery are immediately visible. With the ear permanently positioned closer to the head, surgical scars are either hidden behind the ear or well-hidden in the natural creases of the ear. Discomfort immediately following ear surgery is normal and can be controlled with pain medication. There may be an itchy feeling under bandages. It is essential that bandages remain intact and are not removed for any reason. Failure to 11/17
15. COST Prices for ear surgery can vary. A surgeon’s cost may be based on his or her experience, the type of procedure used and the geographic location of the office. Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask. Cost may include: Anesthesia fees Hospital or surgical facility costs Medical tests Prescriptions for medication Surgeon’s fee Some health insurance plans cover otoplasty in children. In adults, it may be considered cosmetic surgery and not covered. Your satisfaction involves more than a fee: When choosing a plastic surgeon for ear surgery, remember that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery. Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting an American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) member you can trust. ASPS member surgeons meet rigorous standards: 15/17
- 289 Total des vues
- 229 Vues du Site web
- 60 Embedded Views
- Partages Sociaux
- 0 Aime
- 0 N'aime pas
- 0 Commentaires
Partagez le comptage
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 7 clinique-bensouda.com:8069
- 4 www.clinique-bensouda.com
- 5 188.8.131.52
Mommy Makeover Procedure514 Vues.
Clinique Bensouda YouTube405 Vues.
Body Contouring384 Vues.
Breast Augmentation Procedure352 Vues.
Male Breast Reduction Procedure336 Vues.
Breast Reduction Procedure310 Vues.
Face Lift Procedure304 Vues.
Arm Lift Procedure301 Vues.
Tummy Tuck Procedure298 Vues.
Soft Tissue Fillers Procedure294 Vues.
Skin Rejuvenation292 Vues.
Nose Surgery Procedure292 Vues.
Neck Lift Procedure288 Vues.
Cosmetic Procedures at a Glance284 Vues.
Spider Vein Treatment Procedure282 Vues.
Brow Lift Procedure281 Vues.
Breast Lift Procedure280 Vues.
Scar Revision Procedure280 Vues.
Skin Cancer Removal Procedure279 Vues.
Eyelid Surgery Procedure277 Vues.