Cosmetic Procedures at a Glance
1. Cosmetic Procedures at a Glance Taleb Bensouda, MD 53 Boulevard Abdelkrim EL Khattabi Casablanca Morocco Phone: +011 (212) 522940864 COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY PROCEDURES AT A GLANCE 1/23
24. Recovery: Initial swelling should dissipate in two to four weeks. Final results may appear in two to four months. Incision lines will continue to fade for up to one year. Significant weight gain can reverse results. This brochure is intended strictly for educational purposes. It is not intended to make any representations or warranties about the outcome of any procedure. It is not a substitute for a thorough, in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Taleb Bensouda, MD 53 Boulevard Abdelkrim EL Khattabi Casablanca Morocco Phone: +011 (212) 522940864 © 2020 AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PLASTIC SURGEONS.All Rights Reserved. 23/23
22. • Around the areola, vertically down from the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease Breast Augmentation Increase fullness and projection of your breasts Improve the balance of your figure Enhance your self-image and self-confidence Breast size is important to many women for a variety of reasons. If you are dissatisfied with your breast size, augmentation surgery is a choice to consider. Breast augmentation can: Procedural steps: Common incision locations include the breast crease, in the underarm, or around the areola (pigmented skin surrounding the nipple). Placement of implants beneath the chest wall muscle or directly behind breast tissue using pre-filled implants or implants filled during surgery creates desired volume. Breast augmentation is generally performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia with sedation; general anesthesia may be recommended. Recovery: The results of a breast augmentation are visible immediately. Swelling should subside in two to four weeks. Incision lines will continue to flatten and fade for up to one year: Periareolar incision Inframammary incision 21/23
20. Mommy Makeover After pregnancy, many women are not satisfied with how their body looks. Pregnancy has changed the shape and skin on and around their breasts and abdomen and these women find that it is very difficult to return their body to their pre-pregnancy shape. In spite of dieting and very serious exercise, many find that loose skin of the abdomen will not tighten and their breasts are smaller and have started to droop. To return to their pre-pregnancy look, they choose a mommy makeover surgery. This surgery usually includes a tummy tuck to remove excess skin and tighten the abdominal wall muscle. In addition, most women receive a breast augmentation, breast lift or both. Procedural steps: A tummy tuck involves the surgical removal of excess abdominal fat and skin and includes tightening of the abdominal wall where muscles have weakened. A full tummy tuck requires a horizontal incision in the area between the pubic hairline and navel. Incision size is largely dependent on the amount of excess skin to be removed. When a correction is isolated to the area below the navel, a limited or “mini tummy tuck” with a shorter incision at the pubic bone may be recommended. Liposuction may be performed with either a full or a “mini tummy tuck” where excess fat is a factor. During the breast lift part of the surgery, excess skin is surgically removed to raise the nipple and tighten the breast tissue. Incision patterns vary, depending on degree of excess skin and the amount of lifting required as well as patient and surgeon preference. 19/23
19. Tummy Tuck may be appropriate to help achieve your goals. Also If you want a tighter, flatter abdomen, then a tummy tuck known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck removes excess fat and skin, and in some cases restores weakened or separated muscles. This creates an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer, often enhancing your body image and confidence. Procedural steps: A tummy tuck involves the surgical removal of excess abdominal fat and skin and includes tightening of the abdominal wall where muscles have weakened. A full tummy tuck requires a horizontal incision in the area between the pubic hairline and navel. Incision size is largely dependent on the amount of excess skin to be removed. When a correction is isolated to the area below the navel, a limited or “mini tummy tuck” with a shorter incision at the pubic bone may be recommended. Liposuction may be performed with a “mini tummy tuck” where excess fat is the only factor. Recovery: Swelling should subside and initial results may appear in two to four weeks. Final results could appear in eight weeks. Incision lines will continue to flatten and fade for up to one year. 18/23
2. Important Facts About Cosmetic Procedures Cosmetic plastic surgery includes surgical and nonsurgical procedures that reshape normal structures of the body in order to improve appearance and self-esteem. Healthy individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations are appropriate candidates for cosmetic procedures. The decision to have plastic surgery is extremely personal and you’ll have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications are acceptable. Plastic surgery is a personal choice and should be done for you, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit an ideal image. Because it is elective, cosmetic surgery is usually not covered by health insurance. Your plastic surgeon and/or staff will explain in detail the risks associated with surgery. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure you will undergo and any risks and potential complications. Your partnership with your plastic surgeon doesn’t end once your surgery is completed. The relationship you establish with your surgeon is one that will continue. While the results of many plastic surgery procedures are often permanent, there can be changes as you age or because of other circumstances. That’s why it is suggested that you maintain a regular schedule of follow-up examinations. By staying in touch with your board-certified plastic surgeon, you can enjoy the benefits of continued quality care. This brochure presents an overview of the indications and applications for the following cosmetic plastic surgery procedures: Eyelid Surgery Spider Vein Treatment Brow Lift Laser Hair Removal Neck Lift Thigh Lift Facelift Arm Lift Skin Resurfacing Liposuction Microdermabrasion Tummy Tuck 2/23
12. Chemical Peel Sun exposure, acne, or just getting older can leave your skin tone uneven, wrinkled, spotted, or scarred. A chemical peel, also called chemexfoliation or derma peeling, is one of the least invasive ways to improve the appearance of your skin. A chemical peel can help your skin look smoother and younger. It uses a chemical solution to smooth the texture of your skin by removing the damaged outer layers. Although chemical peels are used mostly on the face, they can also be used to improve the skin on your neck and hands. Procedural steps: Chemical solutions are carefully applied to your skin to improve the texture by removing damaged outer layers. The chemicals used are phenol, trichloroacetic acid, and alphahydroxy acids. The formula used by your doctor will be adjusted to meet your particular needs. Recovery: You are likely to experience some redness, stinging, skin crusting and irritation. Your skin may see some color changes. Depending on the type of chemical peel used, your new skin often loses its ability to make pigment (meaning to tan). You will need to avoid sun exposure and protect your skin from the sun. A deep chemical peel requires that you have an adequate recovery time. You may return to work and some of your normal activities two weeks after treatment. At that point, your skin will be healed enough for you to wear makeup. Facial Implants If you would like to change the contours of your face, you might want to consider implants. They can improve proportion and profiles and correct imbalance caused by injury or hereditary traits. 11/23
14. Buttock Augmentation Buttock augmentation surgery involves using implants or fat grafting or sometimes a combination of both to increase the size of your buttocks. This procedure can: Increase fullness, roundness and projection of your buttock Improve the balance of your figure Enhance your self-image and self-confidence Buttock augmentation surgery is right for someone who does not like the shape of their buttock or is looking to balance their body. It is performed in one of two ways, with implants or fat transfer. The fat transfer procedure is commonly known as a Brazilian butt lift. Implant procedural steps: An incision will be made toward the top on both sides of the upper buttock, toward the bottom in both of the gluteal creases (the areas where your “cheeks” meet the top of the thighs), between both cheeks (hidden in the crease) or with one incision placed down the center of the sacrum, or in the crease between the buttocks. The length of the incision and scar is directly related to the affected areas. A silicone implant specially made for the buttocks is then inserted either in the muscle or above the gluteal muscle on each side. The method for inserting and positioning implants depends on the type of implant, degree of enlargement desired, your body type, and your surgeon’s recommendations. Incisions are closed with layered sutures in the buttock tissue and with skin adhesive or surgical tape. Results of this surgery are permanent. Implant recovery: You will need to wear a support garment for approximately two to three weeks after your procedure. This will help the skin redrape properly and provide support to the augmented buttocks. Final results are noticeable three months after surgery. At this point, most of the swelling will be gone and the implants will be settled in their normal position. 13/23
23. Transaxillary incision Implants may need to be replaced: It’s important to know that breast implants are not designed to last a lifetime. You should plan for an annual examination by your plastic surgeon to see if the implants need to be replaced. Male Breast Reduction Enlarged male breasts, also known as gynecomastia, can cause emotional discomfort and impair your self-confidence. Enlargement of breast tissue in males is characterized by: Excess localized fat Excess glandular tissue development A combination of both excess fat and glandular tissue Gynecomastia may present unilaterally (one breast) or bilaterally (both breasts) Gynecomastia can be surgically treated by removing excess fat, glandular tissue and/or skin. The result is a better proportioned more masculine-contoured upper body and the freedom and self- confidence to lead an active life. Male breast reduction is performed with either liposuction, excision, or a combination of both. Procedural steps: Surgical removal of excess tissue is performed by excision and/or liposuction. This procedure can include areola reduction. Liposuction procedural steps: In cases where gynecomastia is primarily the result of excess fatty tissue, liposuction techniques alone may be used. This requires insertion of a cannula, a thin hollow tube, through several small incisions. The cannula is moved back and forth in a controlled motion to loosen the excess fat, which is then removed from the body by vacuum suction. Excision procedural steps: Excision techniques are recommended where glandular breast tissue or excess skin must be removed to correct gynecomastia. Excision also is necessary if the areola will be reduced or the nipple will be repositioned to a more natural male contour. Incision patterns vary depending on the specific conditions and surgical preference. 22/23
21. Recovery: You will definitely need help for the first few days after this surgery. You will need assistance with childcare. You will not be able to drive for several days. Your surgeon will ask you to refrain from vigorous physical activity for a few weeks. It is important to follow your surgeon’s instructions. They are essential to the success of your surgery. It’s important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, swelling, abrasion, or motion during the time of healing. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself. Breast Lift A breast lift raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Sometimes the areola becomes enlarged over time, and a breast lift will reduce this as well. Procedural steps: Excess skin is surgically removed to raise the nipple and tighten the breast tissue. Incision patterns vary, depending on degree of excess skin and amount of lifting required as well as patient and surgeon preference. After your doctor makes the incisions, the underlying breast tissue is lifted and shaped to improve breast contour and firmness. The nipple and areola are repositioned to a natural, more youthful height. If necessary, enlarged areolas are reduced by excising skin at the perimeter. Excess breast skin is removed to compensate for a loss of elasticity. Recovery: Swelling should subside in two to four weeks. Breast shape may take one to three months to fully refine. Incision lines will continue to flatten and fade for up to one year. There are three common incision patterns: • Around the areola • Around the areola and vertically down from the areola to the breast crease 20/23
5. shy about discussing these Facilities with accreditation from a recognized feelings with your plastic surgeon. accrediting organization have demonstrated that they have appropriate equipment and staff to safely monitor patients and deal with potential complications. Choose a Surgeon You Can Trust Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a surgeon you can trust. If you begin the process with an understanding that, like any surgery, plastic surgery carries some risk, you will appreciate the importance of choosing a qualified surgeon. A qualified plastic surgeon is not simply a physician with “good” credentials, but one with recognized credentials and specialized training specific to the procedure you are considering. Inquire about your plastic surgeon’s professional affiliations. Membership in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS®) designates your surgeon is among elite members of the plastic surgery community. The ASPS is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Founded in 1931, the Society is composed of board-certified plastic surgeons who perform cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Our goal is to help our members provide quality care by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice, and research in plastic surgery. We advocate for patient safety, and require our members who perform surgery under anesthesia to do so in an accredited, licensed or Medicare-approved surgical facility that has passed rigorous external review of equipment and staffing. We were one of the first professional surgical societies with this requirement. ASPS also requires continuing education specifically in patient safety. ASPS member surgeons meet rigorous standards: Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada® Complete at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training Pass comprehensive oral and written exams Graduate from an accredited medical school Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety each year Perform surgery in accredited, state-licensed, or Medicare-certified surgical facilities How to identify an ASPS member: Only members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons may display the ASPS Member logo. This symbol of excellence in plastic surgery is what to look for when choosing a surgeon. It tells you that you are choosing a physician who is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®. Although board-certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and membership in ASPS cannot guarantee the results of 4/23
6. your plastic surgery, choosing a qualified surgeon is an important first step in helping to assure your safety and satisfaction. Do not be confused by other official sounding boards and certifications. The ABPS is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has approved medical specialty boards since 1934. There is no ABMS recognized certifying board with “cosmetic surgery” in its name. By choosing a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, you can be assured that you are choosing a qualified, highly trained plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the ABPS or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Cost Prices for cosmetic surgery procedure can vary. A surgeon’s cost may be based on his or her experience, the type of procedure used, and the geographic location of the office. Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask. Cost may include: Anesthesia fees Hospital or surgical facility costs Medical tests Post-surgery garments Prescriptions for medication Surgeon’s fee Most health insurance does not cover cosmetic surgery or its complications. Your satisfaction involves more than a fee: When choosing a plastic surgeon for a plastic surgery procedure, remember that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery. Is Plastic Surgery Right for Me? Plastic surgery has obvious and often dramatic benefits. You’ll achieve the best results from plastic surgery if you and your surgeon communicate openly and work together to achieve realistic goals. An understanding of your goals, expectations and motivation is essential to a successful partnership between you and your surgeon, helping both of you to determine whether plastic surgery is the right choice for you. If you are considering plastic surgery, keep in mind the following: No surgery can achieve perfection, and there is no guarantee that the results will look exactly as you wanted or hoped for. Plastic surgery can reshape your body, not your life. Although enhanced appearance after surgery may improve your self- esteem, plastic surgery will not solve career, marital or emotional problems. Do it at the right time, when you don’t feel exceptional stress and when you have emotional support available. 5/23
16. intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle to inhibit future hair growth. Laser hair removal is effective for most parts of the body. Because laser hair removal only affects actively growing hair follicles, it may take several laser hair removal treatments to provide significant hair reduction. Additionally, while laser hair removal effectively slows hair growth, it doesn’t guarantee permanent hair removal. Periodic maintenance treatments may be needed. Procedural steps: A beam of highly concentrated light is used to target unwanted hair follicles. There is some mild discomfort that does not last long. Because hair grows in cycles, it typically takes three to four laser hair removal treatments to provide significant hair reduction. Recovery: You might feel pain immediately after laser hair removal. Your doctor may treat this pain with a topical anesthetic cream or may advise you to use ice. During the weeks after treatment, some of the hair in the area treated will start falling out. You also may experience itching and swelling for a few weeks after treatment. Pigment changes may occur, especially in those with darker skin. These changes are usually temporary. Your skin also may be slightly red immediately after treatment. Laser hair removal doesn’t guarantee permanent hair removal. Some hair could be resistant to the laser treatment or grow again after treatment — although the new hair growth might be finer and lighter in color. You may require multiple treatments in one area. Your plastic surgeon can advise you on the timeline for treatment Thigh Lift a body that is firmer, more youthful-looking and more If fitness and weight loss efforts have not achieved your goals for proportionate to your overall body image, a surgical thigh lift may be right for you. Thigh lift surgery reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin, and in some cases fat, resulting in smoother skin and better- proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body. Procedural steps: One common technique used for a thigh lift places incisions in the groin, extending downward and wrapping around the back of the thigh. The underlying tissue matrix will be reshaped and tightened, and skin will be reduced and re-draped resulting in more proportionate and smoother body contours. 15/23
18. stitches that will be removed within one to two weeks following your arm lift. Recovery: Following your surgery, dressings or bandages may be applied to your incisions, and your arms may be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a compression garment to minimize swelling. A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect. The smoother, tighter contours that result from an arm lift are apparent almost immediately following your procedure, although initial results will be somewhat obscured by swelling and bruising. Your new, shapely and toned upper arm is dramatically improved both in appearance and feel. Liposuction some people may still have a body with disproportionate Despite good health and a reasonable level of fitness, contours due to localized fat deposits. Liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits, improving your body contours and proportion, and ultimately enhancing your self-image. Liposuction may be used to reduce localized fat deposits of the: Thighs Inner knee Hips and buttocks Chest area Abdomen and waist Cheeks, chin and neck Upper arms Calves and ankles Back There are three common variations to the procedural technique: Traditional liposuction is surgical suctioning of excess fat deposits The tumescent, also called super-wet, technique requires an infusion of saline solution with adrenaline and possibly anesthetic prior to removal of excess fat Ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty uses ultrasonic energy to liquefy excess fat prior to surgical suctioning Recovery: Swelling should subside, bruising should fade and initial results may appear in two to four weeks. Final results could appear in two to six months. Significant weight gain can cause recurrence of fatty deposits. 17/23
7. Do it for you, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image. Be prepared to tolerate some discomfort during and after surgery, as well as the possibility of scars or other side effects. Understand the risks of plastic surgery. Prepare to pay for your surgery if your insurance does not cover the costs, as is the case for most elective cosmetic plastic surgery. Know that plastic surgery is not suitable for everybody, especially people who are prone to mood swings or erratic behavior, who abuse drugs or alcohol, or who are receiving treatment for clinical depression or other mental illnesses. Patients under the age of 18 need parental consent for surgery and must also have achieved certain milestones in growth and physical maturity. Eyelid Surgery Cosmetic eyelid surgery is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both, restoring firmness to the area surrounding the eyes and making you look more rested and alert. Specifically, eyelid surgery can treat: Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or hides the natural contour of the upper eyelid Excess skin that hangs down from the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids Bags under the eyes Droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid Procedural steps: An incision within the natural crease of the upper eyelid allows access to remove excess skin, muscle and underlying fatty tissue. Using an incision inside the lower eyelid, fat is removed or redistributed and the muscle is modified to correct a 6/23
10. Facelift If you are bothered by the signs of aging in your face, a facelift may be right for you. A facelift is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck, such as: Sagging in the midface Deep creases below the lower eyelids Deep creases between the nose and mouth Fat that has fallen or is displaced Loss of muscle tone in the lower face that may create jowls Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw A facelift is designed to correct all of these aging features, restoring a more youthful, rested appearance with uplifted contours and improved tone in facial skin and underlying muscle. Procedural steps: Typical incisions begin within the hairline, above the temple and continue along or just inside the ear, ending behind the ear. This allows access to tighten underlying tissue, remove excess fat and reduce sagging skin. A second incision under the chin is sometimes necessary. If skin tone is good and only mid-face aging or excess fat in the neck will be corrected, abbreviated techniques with shorter incisions may be used. Liposuction techniques may assist with removal of fat deposits. Recovery: Swelling and bruising should subside within two to four weeks. Final results may be apparent in one to two months. Incision lines will continue to refine and fade for one year. Skin Resurfacing If you would like to improve the surface and appearance of your skin, reduce fine lines, surface irregularities such as scarring, uneven pigmentation and sun damage, then skin resurfacing may be right for you. Procedural steps: A variety of lasers and intense pulsed light devices achieve a wide range of benefits. Chemical solutions of varying types and concentrations are applied to peel the skin surface allowing new skin to form. Mechanical resurfacing, dermabrasion or dermaplaning, uses a fine abrasive or scalpel to scrape the skin surface to a controlled depth; generally used to improve an irregular surface, such as acne scarring. Recovery: Any flaking or crusting should resolve in five to 10 days. Results may appear in 10 to 14 days. Skin is most likely pink or flush for one to six months. 9/23
17. You may qualify for a minimal incision medial thigh lift that involves an incision only in the groin area. Improving the contours of the outer thigh may require an incision extending from the groin around the hip. Advanced techniques usually allow incisions to be placed in strategic locations where they can be hidden by most types of clothing and swimsuits. However, incisions may be extensive. You will have deep support sutures within underlying tissues that help form the newly shaped contours and sutures close the skin incisions. Recovery: When your procedure is completed, dressing or bandages may be applied to your incisions, and you may be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a compression garment to minimize swelling and to support your new contours as you heal. Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain excess fluid or blood that may collect. The results of a thigh lift are visible almost immediately. However, it may take several months for the final results to fully develop. Some visible scars will remain, but the overall results are long lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness. However, most of your initial improvement should be relatively permanent. Arm Lift Fluctuations in weight, growing older, and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise. If the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat, an arm lift may be right for you. An arm lift can: Reduce excess sagging skin that droops downward Tighten and smooth the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm Reduce localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region Procedural steps: Incisions are generally placed on the inside of the arm or on the back of the arm, depending on the surgeon’s preference, and may extend from the underarm (axilla) to just above the elbow. If fat is to be reduced during your arm lift, it will be excised or treated with liposuction. Depending on your specific conditions, incisions may be more limited. Then, underlying supportive tissue is tightened and reshaped with internal sutures. Finally, the skin is smoothed over the new contour of your arm. Your incisions will be closed with absorbable sutures, or 16/23
8. baggy lower eyelid. An incision just below the lower lash line allows excess skin to be removed. Laser resurfacing may be used to smooth lower lid skin. Recovery: Bruising should subside in five to 10 days and swelling should subside in two to four weeks. Final results may appear in one to two months. Incision lines will continue to refine and fade for one year. Brow Lift If you have expression lines or other signs of aging in the forehead and brow region which you find bothersome, a brow lift (also called a forehead lift) may be right for you. Specifically, a brow lift can: Minimize the creases that develop across the forehead or those that occur high on the bridge of the nose between the eyes Improve what are commonly referred to as frown lines Reposition a low or sagging brow that is hooding the upper eyelid Raise the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position A brow lift is designed to correct all of these aging features, restoring a more youthful, rested appearance with uplifted contours and improved tone in facial skin and underlying muscle. Procedural steps: Brow lift surgery can be performed using an endoscope (a thin tube with a camera on the end) and special instruments placed through small incisions made within the hairline. This allows the tissue and muscle beneath the skin to be adjusted, correcting the source of visible creases and furrows in the forehead. Some surgeons prefer to perform a browlift through what is called a “coronal incision.” The coronal incision is created from ear to ear across the top of the head, within the hair-bearing skin. For women with very high foreheads, an incision just at the anterior hairline may be recommended. In this way the brow can be Endoscopic Incision Coronal Incision 7/23
15. Fat transfer procedural steps: Liposuction is performed through small, inconspicuous incisions. In general, your surgeon may use liposuction to remove up to three times the amount of fat than what will actually be injected into the buttocks. The fat, tissue and blood that were removed through liposuction are then processed. The syringes are then connected to a special cannula your surgeon will use to add the fat to the buttocks through small injections all over your buttocks. The results of buttock augmentation are immediately visible; however you will not see your final results until a year after the surgery, as it takes a while for the fat to “take.” This procedure offers natural looking and feeling results, but the projection of the buttocks may decrease over time. Fat grafting recovery: You will be asked to avoid prolonged sitting for about two weeks (some surgeons prefer longer). This is very important because prolonged sitting will damage the fat. You will also be encouraged to sleep face down or on your side. When you do have to sit, you will have to use a pillow or cushion placed behind the legs (hamstring muscles) to help raise the buttock avoiding pressure onto the fat grafts. You will also be provided with a support garment that will apply even compression to the areas that were treated with liposuction. In addition, small temporary drains may be placed in existing incisions beneath the skin to remove any excess blood or fluid. Spider Vein Treatment Also known as sclerotherapy, this cosmetic procedure reduces or eliminates surface vessels or spider veins, commonly on the face and legs. Procedural steps: Sclerosing solution is injected directly into a vessel, causing it to slowly fade or disappear. This solution may be used in conjunction with Doppler ultrasound device for larger veins. Laser or intense pulsed light therapy reduces tiny surface vessels on the face and legs. Recovery: Veins gradually fade, usually in seven to 10 days. The final results will be apparent in two to six weeks. Laser Hair Removal Laser hair removal is a non-invasive technique that uses highly concentrated light to penetrate hair follicles. The 14/23
9. lifted without altering the height of the front hairline. The resulting scar, while somewhat more visible, can often be hiddenwith bangs. Recovery: Swelling should subside in two to four weeks. Final results may appear within one to two months. Incision lines will continue to refine and fade for up to one year Neck Lift If you are concerned about the loss of youthful contours in your face and neck, or you notice excess wrinkling of the neck skin, a “turkey wattle” or double chin, and jowl lines and you are not yet ready for a full facelift, a neck lift may be right for you. A neck lift, or lower rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the jawline and neck, such as: Excess fat and skin relaxation in the lower face that creates jowls Excess fatty deposits under the chin Loose neck skin Muscle banding in the neck, which created abnormal contours Procedural steps: Depending on the degree of change you’d like to see, your neck lift choices include a traditional neck lift incision or a limited incision neck lift. A traditional neck lift incision often begins in the hairline at the level of the sideburn, continues down and around the ear and ends in the posterior hair. Fat may be sculpted or redistributed from the jowls and neck. The tissue underlying the neck skin is repositioned, and commonly the platysma muscle is tightened. Skin is redraped over the uplifted contours and excess skin is trimmed away. A separate incision under the chin is often necessary for liposuction of this area and for repair of the muscle. Sutures or skin adhesives close the incisions. A limited incision neck lift may involve incisions only around the ear. While the incisions are shorter, the results may be more limited. Incision lines are closed with sutures and perhaps skin glue. Sutures may be dissolving, or may need to be removed after a few days. Recovery: It may take several weeks to months for swelling to fully dissipate and up to six months for incision lines to mature. Once healed, the incision lines from a neck lift are usually well concealed within the hairline and in the natural contours of the ear. Your final result should not only provide a more youthful and rested appearance, but also help you feel more confident about yourself. 8/23
13. 04/09/2020 Nose Surgery Gmail - Cosmetic Procedures at a Glance Procedural steps: Appropriately sized and shaped implants will be carefully selected and placed, most commonly in the cheek, chin, jaw or nasal region. Incisions inside the mouth or discreetly placed external incisions create space in soft tissues for implant positioning and support. Facial implants are generally performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia with or without sedation; general anesthesia may be recommended. Recovery: Your results will be almost immediate. Initial swelling should subside in two to four weeks, and dissipate in one to two months, as final results appear. While the shape of your nose is usually the result of heredity, the appearance may have been altered in an injury prior surgery. Also known as rhinoplasty, surgery of the nose improves the appearance and proportion of your nose, enhancing facial harmony and self-confidence. Surgery of the nose may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose. Rhinoplasty can change: Nose size, in relation to facial balance Nose width, at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils Nose profile, with visible humps or depressions on the bridge Nasal tip, that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned Nasal asymmetry Procedural steps: Incisions hidden at the nostril base and/or inside the nose allow access to reshape underlying cartilage and/or bone. This may include lowering humps, narrowing of nasal bones, shaping of the nasal tip or nostril size and improving the angle between the nose and the upper lip. This procedure also can correct breathing difficulties caused by structural irregularities. Open rhinoplasty incision across the columella Recovery: You should see a change within six to eight weeks following surgery, with continued refinement for six to 12 months. Cartilage is a flexible and growing tissue; therefore results following surgery are not fully predictable. 12/23
11. Microdermabrasion Microdermabrasion can: Improve age spots and black heads Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin) Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage and stretch marks Lessen the appearance of stretch marks Reduce fine lines and wrinkles Reduce enlarged pores Treat acne and the scars left by acne Soft Tissue Fillers Procedural steps: Imagine a very fine sandblaster and you’ll get a picture of how microdermabrasion works. It uses microparticles, or a diamond-tipped wand, to remove the top layer (epidermis) of your skin and stimulate new skin growth. Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Recovery: There is no down time or recovery period. Your polished new look should be long-lasting, depending on the severity of your skin damage and the number of treatments you receive. Many people have two microdermabrasion treatments per month at first and then one per month as part of a maintenance plan. If you would like to restore facial contours, or reduce the appearance of lines and creases, injection therapy with soft tissue fillers may be right for you. Injectable fillers can: Plump thin lips Enhance shallow contours Soften facial creases and wrinkles Improve the appearance of recessed scars Procedural steps: A pharmaceutical filler substance or your own fat is injected below the skin surface to fill hollow areas and creases, or plump the lips and back of the hands. Fat is typically taken from the inner thigh or abdomen. Recovery: Swelling should dissipate in two to five days, or one to two weeks with fat injections. This procedure produces temporary results, lasting a few months to several years or more, based on the filler used, treatment site and individual patient factors. Some products may be permanent. 10/23
3. Injectable Fillers Mommy Makeover Chemical Peel Breast Lift Facial Implants Breast Augmentation Nose Surgery Male Breast Reduction Buttock Augmentation This brochure is intended strictly for educational purposes. It is not intended to make any representations or warranties about the outcome of any procedure. It is not a substitute for a thorough, in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Consultation & Preparing for Your Procedure Your procedure may require sedation or general anesthesia. A full medical history including diagnostic tests is recommended. Part of this medical history requires that you provide candid answers to questions about your general state of health, including: A full disclosure of health history including any illness, prior surgery of any kind and complications from prior surgery All types of allergies and any reaction to prior anesthesia Current medications, the use of vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs The use of oral contraceptives by women Before surgery, you must follow all of your plastic surgeon’s instructions. This may include: Stopping smoking Stop taking certain types of medications that may increase your risk of abnormal bleeding Be sure to ask questions: It’s very important to ask your plastic surgeon questions about your procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be On the day of surgery, you may be asked to: Avoid eating or drinking anything within a defined time period prior to surgery Follow all post operative instructions carefully, including cleansing and at-home treatment regimens, and avoiding sun exposure. Your cooperation will influence the outcome of your procedure. Your surgeon may also: Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors Examine and measure you Take photographs for your medical record Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment Discuss likely outcomes of your plastic surgery and any risks or potential complications Answer all of your questions thoroughly and clearly Welcome questions about professional qualifications, experience, costs, and payment policies Make clear the risks of surgery and possible outcomes Leave the final decision to you Safety first: You have the right to expect that your surgery will take place in a surgical facility or hospital that is safe and well equipped.
- 422 Total des vues
- 343 Vues du Site web
- 79 Embedded Views
- Partages Sociaux
- 0 Aime
- 0 N'aime pas
- 0 Commentaires
Partagez le comptage
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 7 clinique-bensouda.com:8069
- 4 www.clinique-bensouda.com
- 3 18.104.22.168
Mommy Makeover Procedure646 Vues.
Body Contouring540 Vues.
Clinique Bensouda YouTube534 Vues.
Breast Augmentation Procedure479 Vues.
Male Breast Reduction Procedure475 Vues.
Breast Reduction Procedure454 Vues.
Ear Surgery Procedure423 Vues.
Skin Cancer Removal Procedure421 Vues.
Buttock Augmentation Procedure419 Vues.
Arm Lift Procedure415 Vues.
Nose Surgery Procedure415 Vues.
Tummy Tuck Procedure415 Vues.
Neck Lift Procedure410 Vues.
Breast Lift Procedure408 Vues.
Soft Tissue Fillers Procedure408 Vues.
Brow Lift Procedure408 Vues.
Face Lift Procedure406 Vues.
Skin Rejuvenation405 Vues.
Body Lift Procedure403 Vues.
Scar Revision Procedure401 Vues.