Brow Lift Procedure
2. SHOULD YOU CONSIDER A BROW LIFT? As we age, unsightly wrinkle lines may appear on the forehead. Frown lines between the brows can make us look angry or “too serious.” Skin relaxation may cause the eyebrows to drop, hooding our upper eyelids and making us look tired. If you are bothered by these signs of Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift include: Upper and or lower eyelid tucks Facelifting Skin resurfacing techniques 2/8
1. Brow Lift Procedure Taleb Bensouda, MD 53 Boulevard Abdelkrim EL Khattabi Casablanca Morocco Phone: +011 (212) 522940864 BROW LIFT What Is a Brow Lift? Consultation & Preparing for Surgery The Procedure Risks & Safety Recovery After Surgery / Results Cost 1/8
5. Results appear gradually as swelling and bruising subside to reveal smoother forehead skin and a more youthful, rested appearance. RISKS & SAFETY The decision to have brow lift surgery is extremely personal. You will have to decide if the surgery will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications are acceptable. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and any risks and potential complications. The risks include: Anesthesia risks Bleeding Loss of hair around the incisions Elevated hairline Eye irritation or dryness Facial asymmetry Facial nerve injury with weakness or paralysis Fluid accumulation Infection Numbness or other changes in skin sensation or intense itching Pain, which may persist Poor wound healing Possibility of revision surgery Skin discoloration and swelling Skin loss Unfavorable scarring Rare risk of blood clots These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It’s important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon. 5/8
4. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It’s very important to understand all aspects of your procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of pre-treatment stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon. THE PROCEDURE You will be given medication so that you will be comfortable during the surgical procedures. Your surgeon will suggest either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Brow lifts can be performed in different ways. Some surgeons prefer using an endoscope (a thin tube with a camera on the end) and special instruments placed through small incisions made within the hairline. This allows the tissue and muscle beneath the skin to be adjusted, correcting the source of visible creases and furrows in the forehead. Endoscopic Incision Coronal Incision Some surgeons prefer to perform a browlift through what is called a “coronal incision.” The coronal incision is created from ear to ear across the top of the head, within the hair- bearing skin. The forehead skin is then lifted and any muscle adjustment can be made under direct visualization. The resulting scar from a coronal brow lift is well concealed within the hair. For women with very high foreheads, an incision just at the anterior hairline may be recommended. In this way, the brow can be lifted without altering the height of the front hairline. The resulting scar, while somewhat more visible, can often be hidden with bangs. 4/8
8. Your satisfaction involves more than a fee: When choosing a plastic surgeon for a brow lift, remember that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery. Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). ASPS member surgeons must meet these rigorous standards: Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada® The American Board of Plastic Surgery is recognized by as an official member of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has approved medical specialty boards since 1934. There is no ABMS-recognized certifying board with “cosmetic surgery” in its name. By selecting a surgeon who is a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, you can be assured that you are choosing a qualified, highly trained plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the ABPS or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This brochure is intended strictly for educational purposes. It is not intended to make any representations or warranties about the outcome of any procedure. It is not a substitute for a thorough, in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Taleb Bensouda, MD 53 Boulevard Abdelkrim EL Khattabi Casablanca Morocco Phone: +011 (212) 522940864 © 2020 AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PLASTIC SURGEONS.All Rights Reserved. 8/8
7. and incision lines will fade. Satisfaction with your new image should continue to increase as you recover from surgery. The final results of your surgery will appear over the next few months. Although good results are expected from your procedure, there is no guarantee. Life-long sun protection will help to maintain your rejuvenated appearance by minimizing sun damage. A healthy lifestyle will also help extend the results of your rejuvenated, more youthful appearance. COST Prices for a brow lift can vary. Surgeon’s cost may be based on his or her experience, the type of procedure used and the geographic location of the office. Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask. Cost may include: Anesthesia fees Hospital or surgical facility costs Medical tests Prescriptions for medication Surgeon’s fee Most health insurance does not cover cosmetic surgery or its complications. Completion of at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of rigorous plastic surgery residency training Pass comprehensive oral and written exams Graduate from an accredited medical school Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety each year Performing surgery in accredited, state- licensed or Medicare-certified surgical facilities to assure patient safety Do not be confused by other official sounding boards and certifications. 7/8
6. RECOVERY AFTER SURGERY When your procedure is completed, your forehead may be taped and your head may be loosely wrapped to minimize swelling and bruising. A thin tube may be present to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect under the skin. You will be given specific instructions that may include how to care for the surgical site and drains, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon. You should keep your head elevated and perform no vigorous physical activity for as long as your surgeon recommends. Do not use ice or heat on the operated area. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon specific questions about what you can expect during your individual recovery period: What medication will I need after surgery? Will I have dressings/bandages? When will they be removed? Are stitches removed? When? When can I resume normal activity and exercise? When do I return for follow-up care? Initial wound healing may take 10-14 days. Sutures or clips will be removed when appropriate. You should be ready to return to work and normal activity after two weeks. Cosmetics can help camouflage any bruising. Even though you will look presentable to the public, you will find that the healing will continue for several weeks, as the swelling dissipates and incision lines refine and fade. It may take several months for your complete recovery. Following your physician’s instructions is essential to the success of your surgery. It’s important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, swelling, abrasion or motion during the time of healing. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself. RESULTS The results of your brow lift surgery are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve 6/8
3. aging in the brow region, a brow lift may be You may be a candidate for brow lift right for you. surgery if you: Are physically healthy A brow lift: Don’t smoke Have a positive outlook and realistic goals Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids Places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position CONSULTATION & PREPARING FOR SURGERY During your consultation, be prepared to discuss: Your goals for your appearance Your complete medical history Your current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use Your surgeon will also: Evaluate your general health status and any risk factors Discuss your options Examine and measure different parts of your face Take photographs Recommend a course of treatment Discuss likely outcomes of brow lift surgery and any potential complications Prior to surgery, you may be asked to: Get lab testing or a medical evaluation Take certain medications or adjust your current medications Stop smoking Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and other supplements as they can increase bleeding Brow lift surgery should be performed in an accredited surgical facility, licensed ambulatory surgical center or hospital. You will need to arrange for another adult to drive you to and from surgery, and to stay with you for at least the first night following surgery. 3/8
- 113 Total des vues
- 80 Vues du Site web
- 33 Embedded Views
- Partages Sociaux
- 0 Aime
- 0 N'aime pas
- 0 Commentaires
Partagez le comptage
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 4 clinique-bensouda.com:8069
- 4 www.clinique-bensouda.com
- 1 126.96.36.199
Mommy Makeover Procedure318 Vues.
Clinique Bensouda YouTube242 Vues.
Body Contouring133 Vues.
Breast Augmentation Procedure115 Vues.
Arm Lift Procedure112 Vues.
Scar Revision Procedure110 Vues.
Soft Tissue Fillers Procedure109 Vues.
Face Lift Procedure108 Vues.
Male Breast Reduction Procedure107 Vues.
Breast Lift Procedure106 Vues.
Tummy Tuck Procedure106 Vues.
Cosmetic Procedures at a Glance105 Vues.
Neck Lift Procedure105 Vues.
Nose Surgery Procedure105 Vues.
Eyelid Surgery Procedure104 Vues.
Spider Vein Treatment Procedure103 Vues.
Ear Surgery Procedure103 Vues.
Skin Rejuvenation102 Vues.
Breast Reduction Procedure102 Vues.
Liposuction Procedure101 Vues.